Is 17.3 inches too big for a laptop?

Solution
Well no laptop is too big or too small. It's all preference. If you are aware of the size and footprint of a 17" laptop and you're okay with it then get it!

Personally, I would go with a screen that size because I feel like gaming on a smaller screen could prove difficult.

However, because you say you plan on traveling with it you may want to make sure that it isn't too big for you to carry around. But, in all reality a 17" laptop isn't huge and for gaming I feel that it's a need. The laptop should fit in any backpack or briefcase that you travel with and shouldn't be a burden.

DiegoD

Estimable
May 12, 2015
Well no laptop is too big or too small. It's all preference. If you are aware of the size and footprint of a 17" laptop and you're okay with it then get it!

Personally, I would go with a screen that size because I feel like gaming on a smaller screen could prove difficult.

However, because you say you plan on traveling with it you may want to make sure that it isn't too big for you to carry around. But, in all reality a 17" laptop isn't huge and for gaming I feel that it's a need. The laptop should fit in any backpack or briefcase that you travel with and shouldn't be a burden.

Solution

Xtergo

Estimable
May 4, 2015
Trust me it's all about the distance you're viewing it from and even when it looks large at start you will get used to it as you keep using it i have had many notebooks ranging from 17-13 inches i find the 15'' size the perfect size on my lap or on a desk and this is the size that has never bothered me from getting it in a bag or travelling with it. When it comes down it's all personal preference on a gaming notebook i would recommend giving a try to a 17 inch notebook if your friend or someone you know has one or a shopkeeper is willing to show you.

In my opinion yes it's large and would require a table to get a comfortable viewing distance it would also bother you on the lap and you require a large travelling bag other than that its great size for gaming.

Good luck :)
Kudos