Is a Nvidia 860M capable of run most of next gen games

museprime

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
I'm curious. Is this considered still to be a decent GPU for a laptop? And what desktop GPU does it compare too?

Thanks in advance

museprime

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013

Really a 960m could barely keep up? I guess I'm not surprised. I don't know much about gaming laptop and their GPU's but I guess it's understandable to be limited. I was offered a gaming laptop for $500 and jumped on it to replace my HP which it's already far better. I have a steam link and figure that this would be good combo when I visit my in-laws and my family.

At least until I build my next mini-itx in the form of RVZ02 or Ncase M1. For the most part I don't see myself trying to run star citizen on it. but wouldn't mind running games like MGS V, Fallout 4 or Simulators like Cities skyline or just some of the indie gems you find on steam.

cjcj11

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
i have a 960m which is pretty close, you will be able to play at 1080p but on low if you want to get close to 60fps, medium for most games will get you around 30 + some, but other not too demanding games like cs go, LoL, and such will be perfectly fine with this card