Is it just me, or does Outlook.com take longer to receive emails than Gmail?

mrmike16

Honorable
I have had a Gmail account since around the time Gmail was new, but also an MSN account. When Outlook.com came out, I was eager to make an outlook.com account (Both my Gmail and MSN addresses are silly names). However, I recently realized that receiving an expected email, say, from my brother urgently trying to send something for me to print, it takes a very long time to receive it, no matter how many times I refresh! I asked him to send it to my Gmail and within 30 seconds, without refreshing manually, I received it. 5 minutes later my Outlook.com received the email it was supposed to get before my Gmail did. This wasn't on any mobile or Modern UI App, I used multiple browsers- Internet Explorer, Edge, and Firefox. I am against using Google Chrome on devices with lower RAM.

This was just an example, it has happened multiple times. Is there a bug on Outlook.com causing this? Should I make a new Gmail account instead of using Outlook.com? I wouldn't officially use my old one, as its username isn't exactly one I'd like to give out.

Also, you can feel free to let me know what email service you think might be even better than these two, that is welcome as well. Of course switching is annoying, but if receiving emails on Outlook.com is like receiving emails on MSN 10 years ago, there is a problem.

(There's no category for Email? xD)

Thanks!

Solution

From 1 gmail account to another gmail account would presumably be quite a bit faster. Everything stays inhouse at google.
Gmail to outlook.com would have to go through multiple servers and services.

It probably shouldn't be "5 minutes", but gmail->gmail will be faster than gmail->microsoft.

mrmike16

Honorable

Yes. Currently, nobody I know except my dad uses Outlook.com. Don't get me wrong, I love Outlook.com's interface and it is still relatively new, but that really shouldn't be happening should it?

USAFRet

Illustrious

From 1 gmail account to another gmail account would presumably be quite a bit faster. Everything stays inhouse at google.
Gmail to outlook.com would have to go through multiple servers and services.

It probably shouldn't be "5 minutes", but gmail->gmail will be faster than gmail->microsoft.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS