Solved! Is it possible to fix broken laptop SATA?

Apr 8, 2019
Recently, i bought a HDD caddy to place more storage disk (considering my laptop only has 1 sata and power connector for 1 disk and 1 for 1 dvd rom). But after i place it into my laptop, my new placed HDD isn't read by my laptop (no idea why). But before this thing happens, my dvd rom also isn't readable by my laptop. It begins long ago when i forced my dvd rom to open up while copying data from a CD. Firstly, i thought that it is my DVD ROM that broke. But now i think it is somewhere in my laptop system, because when i try to connect my HDD (also via caddy) into my friend's laptop, it works! Could somebody please help me with this problem? Or maybe is it even possible to fix it? Because i think it is worth to bring it to the service center, considering i don't found any problem like this on the internet.

Solution
May I ask which laptop brand and model you are using?

Did you clean the lense of your DVD drive yet?

Caddies can work but not always. Sometimes SATA ports are for optical drives only or incompatible with HDDs. BIOS update could help there or a BIOS setting switching the SATA port from optical drive to hard drive. Depends on the manufacturer´s

The service center will most likely replace the motherboard, if something is wrong with the SATA port/controller, which would cost like a new laptop.
May I ask which laptop brand and model you are using?

Did you clean the lense of your DVD drive yet?

Caddies can work but not always. Sometimes SATA ports are for optical drives only or incompatible with HDDs. BIOS update could help there or a BIOS setting switching the SATA port from optical drive to hard drive. Depends on the manufacturer´s

The service center will most likely replace the motherboard, if something is wrong with the SATA port/controller, which would cost like a new laptop.

Solution