p0rtal

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
I purchased a new led tv and i notice some grain and sandy looking picture quality in blurays, but not on tv hd channels playing the same movie, for example star wars was on spike hd tv and it looks insane, but the bluray copy i just got looks terrible, very sandy and gross

cant be the hdmi cable, i got the most well rated on on newegg, just looking for confirmation from anyone else who knows more about the cheaper bluray players, i got a sony player for 70 bucks from walmart a few months ago and never really noticed anything bad until i got this new tv, its a 55 inch led 240 samsung tv and its stellar, but its having some problems of its own and i am not sure if its the tv or the bluray

ugh

p0rtal

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
star wars, avatar, 300, legion, a crap ton of other new blurays did not transfer well? how is it that they look great on hdtv but not on bluray, thats my concern.

my sharpness and settings for the tv look amazing, the same settings for use with the bluray look terrible. so...it cant be a settings problem if i toggled my brains out with it trying to get rid of the graininess on the bluray version. i just went to best buy and got a usb bluray player for my pc instead and the quality is even worse! it forces me to pay for an upgrade just to set the quality bars so that thing is going back tomorrow for sure...

star wars is one of the best remasterings out there, avatar on bluray is supposed to look crazy good, not grainy, i know it to have some blur problems but not grain...it looks like sand in the backgrounds and on most surfaces...its noticeable on my bluray player, so i plugged in my parents player and the grain was better, but that player is a gen1 and it takes 10 minutes to load a movie...but even then avatar did not look as good as it did on bluray as it did on hdtv...i have no clue what the hell could cause that