Acer772G

Estimable
Jun 18, 2015
Hey guys i have been experiencing in last month that my notebook runs very hot unlike past 1,5years i already had it.The temperateures increased for about 10C for gpu!!!cpu also but that cause of gpu increase.So there is something wrong with my gpu?can it be thermal paste?Guys most talk about replacing thermal paste for cpu and i almost never heard for gpu thermal paste replacing or its maybe that my fan doesnt work properly anymore?i use notebook u3 cooling pad so my notebook is never on flat surface but u3 only decreases my temperature at best by 1-2C(i know it cause i use it 1,5years old).I must admit that i havent disambled my notebook and cleaned from dust since i bought it.I would like just opionios if its the fan or its something else?cause when i put my hand close to the left side i feel warm air blowing out?is this a sing that fan works?

Hello

It is unlikely that the CPU fan is damaged.

The laptop may get hot due to the dust that may have deposited on the fan over time. Your first step to start the troubleshooting should be to clean the dust from the fan. Most likely this is all you need to do and the problem would be resolved.

----
More Info

You should keep cleaning the CPU fan from time to time. The dust on the fan blades prevents the fan from running smoothly, thus keeping it from providing the required amount of cooling to the processor. Keeping the fan clean helps the processor maintain the optimum temperature.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!!