Is my laptop mother died or short

Dara__

Commendable
May 27, 2016
hi guys
my laptop died after i use screw driver to open laptop into mother board and touch components (it didnt break anything maybe it connect with other components ) near the (RT8206B) power controller chipset
no signs of light when i plugged power or battery computer completely shut of

Hi,

It seems like a hardware problem to me but please do try these troubleshooting steps.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If this will not work, do test the AC adapter if it's working properly. Remove the battery and power the laptop with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will boot up or not. do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- Proceed with reseating the RAM's if trying a different AC adapter will not work, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If all these will not work, I would suggest reopening the laptop and check if all the parts or cables are all seated properly.
- And if all these will still not work then the problem would be the motherboard itself.