Is Schiit Fulla compatilbe with consoles?

tacanacy

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
Can someone tell me for certain if it's compatible with gaming consoles, PS4 in particular? Schiit is stopping the manufacturing of it, so I don't know for how long it's available.

tacanacy

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
Because it has nothing to do with my question, ffs. What is it with compatibility that you don't understand? If Fulla can output audio, then it's compatible. If it it can't, then it's not compatible.

Chugalug_

Estimable
It's a dongle, it will be compatible, you just need to plug it in via the controller.
However you still haven't answered the crucial question of what headphones you have, if they're not high impedance you'll notice very little difference, even just more distortion.

At this stage given how rude you've been it's up to you how you spend your money, if you want to waste it go for it.

tacanacy

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
I asked for certainty because I've read conflicting and very uninformative posts about it working and not working on PS4. Don't say things will work when you don't actually know. It's incredible how you are incapable of understanding a simple and explicit question, even after I pointed out that the headphones are irrelevant.

Hazelhart

Prominent
May 24, 2017
It outputs sound from the PS4, but sounds in the front and back are switched and so is left and right. Is this what's called channel separation?

Solution

scubaman2009

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017

I'll be trying out this option out once my Turtle Bay DSS2 dies (or I have saved up enough money for a proper, external DAC and headphone amp). It'll be linked via the XBox1's optical out. The nice thing with Schiit is their 15 day guarantee. If the console-Magni-Modi setup is craptastic, I'll return it. This'll all be used to power my Sennheiser HD515 or my (ordered) Sony MDR7510. My 2 cents...

scubaman2009

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017

@Chugalug_ ...
In my case, any such external DAC/headphone amp will be powering some Sennheiser HD515 or a Sony MDR7510 (on order). Question: have you linked up an XBox1 --> external DAC/amp --> headphone? Were you pleased with the results, or was it... meh.
?

tacanacy

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013

There's a common problem with reversed left and right channels with unlicensed USB DACs and sound cards on PS4, if they output sound at all.
I tried using the Schiit stack on PS4 through USB. Only optical is guaranteed to work.

scubaman2009

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017

Do you think the TOSlink output on the XBox1 console will properly link up with the DAC's (Modi Uber) optical input... and provide decent sound with no hiss?

scubaman2009

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017

Interesting. The Sony console appears to be more flexible with digital audio decoding (as compared to rhe MS ecosystem). Thanks for the reply, eh.