Is the Blue Yeti microphone good enough for recording piano music?

Andrixo

Estimable
Nov 13, 2014
One thing that puts me off is that it is labelled as a USB microphone, I need the analogue XLR connection since I have a microphone jack for my camera, I want to record video and sound at once, and good quality, does the Blue Yeti even come with an XLR connection or must it be bought separately? It is said that the full quality is only achieved through USB with this microphone, if it is not good enough, what microphone would you recommend me?

Solution
You can only use the Blue Yeti with USB. If you want an XLR Mic I've used both the Sure SM58 and the Sennheiser E835. I prefer the Sennheiser as it produced imho more accurate and brighter sound. The SM58 is an older classic, it is significantly more durable and offers a "warmer" sound, but in my opinion it comes across as a little muffled. Both XLR mics mentioned are around 100 bucks.

Hope that helps!

dualcoreduron

Commendable
Feb 12, 2016
You can only use the Blue Yeti with USB. If you want an XLR Mic I've used both the Sure SM58 and the Sennheiser E835. I prefer the Sennheiser as it produced imho more accurate and brighter sound. The SM58 is an older classic, it is significantly more durable and offers a "warmer" sound, but in my opinion it comes across as a little muffled. Both XLR mics mentioned are around 100 bucks.

Hope that helps!

Solution