Is This What Project Natal Will Look Like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
im going to buy a "project natal"... i think that is a product branding FAIL. they should just drop project and call it natal for short

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]jaysbob[/nom]that's not some xbox "wiimote" that presenter is holding in the first picture is it?[/citation]

Could be the Xbox REmote.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360universalremote/

ah heck if I know why'd be using it there. But plausible.

mauller07

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
they should call it the iStalk since it knows when you are sleeping, it knows when your awake, it copy's your moves on the tv screens, so play good for goodness sake

it just is too much of a gimmick to be seriously taken as an input device, and how except for gestures (if it can read them accurately enough) is it going to replicate all the input options of a controller say when playing an fps

at least with an option like the Wii mote, its a precision pointing device combo and works very well for FPS games i should say, its just a shame there aren't many decent games on the wii that show of the controller true potential past all the cheesy party games

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]im going to buy a "project natal"... i think that is a product branding FAIL. they should just drop project and call it natal for short[/citation]Project Natal -> Final Product. We don't know what they're going to call it. :/

DokkRokken

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
[citation][nom]thejester420[/nom]Horrible looking contraption to match a horrible looking console[/citation]

Because everybody's looking at the console, and not the fancy, shiny colours on the television.

abelpc

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
current rumor pricing of 150 bucks will keep it off my 360. even 100 bucks will be too much for every 360 gamer I know..and I used to work for a game retailer.. don't know any gamer interested paying more than 70 bucks for the system.

G

mauller07
"....and how except for gestures (if it can read them accurately enough) is it going to replicate all the input options of a controller say when playing an fps"

because people are incapable of using a controller/peripheral (light gun maybe) and moving at the same time

aaronb09

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
god i love how so many people are backing this damn device and yet there has been 0 demos on it besides for a STUPID hand wave tech demo and dodge ball but yet M$ fanboys praise it like its truely amazing..

sidran32

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]Could be the Xbox REmote. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware [...] salremote/ah heck if I know why'd be using it there. But plausible.[/citation]
Likely because you can operate the XBox 360 in its entirety with the remote, sans playing an actual game, and with one hand. I find it more convenient sometimes if I'm just going to launch a video or browse the store or look through my messages. Plus it doubles as a universal TV remote so he probably was adjusting the TV set as well.

sidran32

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]aaronb09[/nom]god i love how so many people are backing this damn device and yet there has been 0 demos on it besides for a STUPID hand wave tech demo and dodge ball but yet M$ fanboys praise it like its truely amazing..[/citation]
The technology in it is amazing, and unmatched in the Wii, and even the PS3 (though the PS3 comes close to a similar concept). But whether it will be properly used in games has yet to be seen. If it doesn't, I will consider it a horrible waste of an amazing piece of R&D.

Status
Not open for further replies.