Issue involving moving contacts from Windows Phone to Outlook 2013

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
So, Let me start at the top. I have a windows phone with ~600 contacts in it. The end goal is to have this information reflected in Outlook 2013 on a surface tablet.

Here are the hurdles. This is not working on an exchange server, so no simple sync there. The e-mail account associated with my windows account is not outlook.com or anything similar so no moving through the website. I have tried exporting the contacts from the phone via use of a special app but (I suspect as this information has been exported previously from an iPhone as well, and probably imported from some other medium before that again and again) the data set that comes out is extremely convoluted, having several columns reflecting the exact same value, but with different information in each, or having data that should be in a single column spread out between several.

The person I'm doing this for is convinced that there's a simple way to actively sync all this information over without much hassle ("I've done this in the past a bunch'a times!") but I'm at a loss as to how we could possibly accomplish this. Does anybody have any input that could help me out? Thanks in advance