Issue with Dell Inspiron

TheGleaner

Estimable
Dec 8, 2015
I have been having an issue, i will let you figure out what its problem is, the issue is when under normal load, just google chrome and steam up, and then i try to launch a game, or any other cpu intensive application, the screen will shut off, all connected devices will shut off, the internal fan(s) will, and approx. a second later it reboots and gets stuck on the dell logo screen that says please wait with the spinning loading symbol, so i hold the power button, it shuts off I push it again to turn it on, and then it will reboot fine, like i had pushed "shut down" or say "an error has occurred/ problem restarting.., recovery options or reboot, so i push reboot and then its fine for a couple days. Any ideas of whats happening/solutions?

Dell Inspiron M731R

Hi,

The laptop may be overheating that's why it's shutting down when you're doing high loads with it.
- Start by doing a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver.
- Next is to uninstall anything related to the graphics card from Programs and Features.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver.
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot, do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If this will not solve the problem, do try opening the laptop and clean the dust off the fans and apply new thermal paste on the CPU.

Here's a video guide on how to disassemble the laptop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P61ah5e0774