JBL LSR305 no bass produced

Vincentius Leonard

Estimable
Oct 21, 2014
Hi all, so recently i just got my JBL LSR 305

I use 1/8 in. to Dual XLR stereo cable to connect them to my PC. The problem is the speaker does not produce bass at all. What seem to be the problem ? Thank you

AMDThunder

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2006
How is it connected? Using all of the audio ports? What color? Just the green? Depending on how its connected, its could be nothing more than how its configured in windows. IE, a 2.1 setup with only 1 connection to the PC has to be configured as "stereo" with no sub. There's a lot of variables here.

AMDThunder

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2006
You need to verify your audio settings. Go into your control panel and go to sounds. Right click on the speakers in question and choose configure. Make sure its set to stereo. Even if the speakers have a sub, it won't see it that way. You may have to check other sound settings as well. My mobo has RealTek, so there's a RealTek manager option in control panel is well. Make sure it's set the same way.

I just went through something similar. One PC has 5.1 system, the other 2.1. Tested my 2.1 speakers on the 5.1 PC. No bass from sub because it was set up for the 5.1. Once I changed it to stereo, it worked. Could be something else, but its a good place to start.

AMDThunder

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2006
Doesn't really look like those are made for PC use. Saw something about a connector for a laptop, but that doesn't mean its fully compatible.

Is there no sub-woofer? Your just not getting any type of bass from the speaker? If so, the PC probably doesn't have the controls to do that. Just a guess though.