Keeps shutting off

Davidl57

Prominent
Apr 13, 2017
My Asus R510L keeps shutting off, I spilled beer in it about a month ago, now it comes on but after a while the screen goes black and I can't get it back on, some times when I tap on the laptop it May or may not come back on, what can cause that problem.

Solution
Did you clean out all the residue after the spill? I don't mean just cleaning the outside, but opening it up and cleaning it with say rubbing alcohol or other computer cleaning liquid? That spill would leave lots of residue and that would lead to all kinds of issues, including over heating and possibly frying one or more components. Never a good thing.

If you haven't done that already, I would do so. Just make sure the power is off, it is not plugged in and the battery is removed.
Did you clean out all the residue after the spill? I don't mean just cleaning the outside, but opening it up and cleaning it with say rubbing alcohol or other computer cleaning liquid? That spill would leave lots of residue and that would lead to all kinds of issues, including over heating and possibly frying one or more components. Never a good thing.

If you haven't done that already, I would do so. Just make sure the power is off, it is not plugged in and the battery is removed.

Solution