Keyboard not working after update

TheCriticalMads

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
Hello

I recently updated my win 10 64 bit, and to my regret it turned out my keyboard didn't work anymore. We are talking about a build in keyboard on an ASUS ROG G752VS.
In the device manager it has classified the keyboard as 'unknown' and says although it has found a driver, it can't update.

I hope that someone can be of assistance.

marksavio

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
uninstall the keyboard driver in your device manager. and refresh. if it sees a question marked device or if it auto-updates the device. if not, just right-click and update. before that, make sure windows is set to auto update device drivers as well. it will be much easier if you have a usb keyboard to be safe in case your laptops keyboard wont work anymore.

also go to the asus support site for your laptop. and check for drivers. your laptop has a special driver "ASUS ROG MacroKey" but i think your keyboard should be working with the default windows drivers. but try to give it a shot and reinstall that one. if not it could be a BIOS, issue. if it is outdated, you can try an flash it as well. ASUS have a tool to help you update your BIOS/

TheCriticalMads

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
Thanks for your quick response.
But it did not seem to work, it pops up again as unknown device.
The only thing I have found in ASUS support is a programme called KeyboardUpdate, which says my firmware is up to date.