Keyboard not working

jaimonsk

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017
I've a lenovo G510 laptop working in windows 10.Recently I've been using my laptop for hours of work continuously without turning off.For the past 2 ,3 days certain keys like J, Backspace,w,i,o and some other keys are not working and some gives wrong input like 2 inputs for 1 key press,wrong inputs for some keys etc.I tried to connect external keyboard ,but it too doesn't work for the same set of keys.sometimes even mouse trackpad wont work.The problem solves when I switch it off for several hours and returns after i use it for 1 or 2 hours continuously.Why is it so?
What should I do to solve this problem? After windows 10 ,system was heating a little too much.How to solve this problem?

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

jaimonsk

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017
@webworkings I tried connecting external keyboard.While the system is at this problem its not recognizing some keys and gives wrong input for some other keys.When the system cools after severala hours it works normal.While at this situation not even laptops own keyboard or external keyboard wont work for the same set of keys