Keyboard problem after hibernation

Status
Not open for further replies.

weesiang_loke

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
hi,

not the first time, my keyboard goes crazy after waking from hibernation. last time the problem solved by itself (i really dont know what i did to solve it).

when i press button 'a' sometimes it will become 'caps' or 'caps + q' or just 'q' or 'a + q', it occurs randomly. there are some other keys which also having the same problem.

i tried to restart, and reinstall the keyboard (with unplugged power source), but none of them work.

is this a hardware problem or software? one thing i am sure is it happens after hibernation. any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

my laptop: toshiba L635, windows 7, i7, standard ps/2 keyboard.

Solution
It really sounds like there has been something spilled onto the keyboard. If this were to come into my shop, my first suggestion would be to disable hibernation and see if that solves the problem.

Second, replace the keyboard. You can find them fairly cheap on ebay, and *most* of them are easy to replace... instructional videos are easily found on google.

If you are still under warranty, and there have positively been NO spills, AND you don't mind being without it for a week, it should be covered under the factory warranty.

ratedk

Distinguished
It really sounds like there has been something spilled onto the keyboard. If this were to come into my shop, my first suggestion would be to disable hibernation and see if that solves the problem.

Second, replace the keyboard. You can find them fairly cheap on ebay, and *most* of them are easy to replace... instructional videos are easily found on google.

If you are still under warranty, and there have positively been NO spills, AND you don't mind being without it for a week, it should be covered under the factory warranty.

Solution

weesiang_loke

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
thanks for the reply.
i found the problem. apparently part of the circuit layer of my keyboard melted right under the button 'A'. So i reconnected the circuit using some conducting materials and it is working now !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.