Keyboard symbol incorrect when typing with a browser

doyleclan

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
when typing within my browsers the keyboard symbol is incorrect instead of a forward slash I get this é, however if I am working on a word document or email the key is correct am completely baffled

Solution
go to chrome language configurations and click language and entry configurations and change to yours.

sorry if the terms are different. im portuguese

noobpwnr

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
Click Start and then Control Panel

In Control Panel, if you are in Classic View, click on Control Panel Home (top left corner)

Open Clock, Language, and Region

Click on Regional and Language Options.

Click the Keyboards and Languages tab and then click Change keyboards.

Under Installed services, click Add.

In the Add Input Language dialog box, select the keyboard layout you would like to add from the list available and click OK.

The keyboard layout you added will be included in the list. To set the new layout as your default, select it from the list. Click OK to save your changes

You can switch between different input languages (= keyboard languages) by clicking on the Language Bar button or by pressing the Alt + Shift keys

doyleclan

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
Thanks for the fast response ..I have gone through the change keyboard procedure and has no effect, what is odd is all my keyboard symbols work as they should except when typing text within my browser (chrome).

My thinking (which may well be wrong) is that if it was a language or setup problem with the keyboard the keys would be incorrect no matter what ap I am using