Keyboard Typing Wrong Characters

sangeline

Estimable
May 25, 2015
Basically, every time I type "t" it shows up as "6t". Quotation marks show up as }", apostrophes show up as ]', and then I have to delete the additional characters. It's not Num Lock--I don't know what it is. Help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Elleb

Estimable
Jun 28, 2015

Elleb

Estimable
Jun 28, 2015
same here... For instance, when I hit the number 1 key in Microsoft Works Word Processor it does type the number 1, but it also executes the Help for the Word Processor. When I hit the number 6, it types 6t. When I hit the 8, it types 8u and when I hit the number 9 it types 9p. It also does the reverse for the number keys that I already mentioned. If I hit the t, it also types 6t and so on with the others. still looking foe solution with this... help please..

Elleb

Estimable
Jun 28, 2015

Elleb

Estimable
Jun 28, 2015
Already did but it won't work..i have the same problem..when I hit the number 1 key in Microsoft Works Word Processor it does type the number 1, but it also executes the Help for the Word Processor. When I hit the number 6, it types 6t. When I hit the 8, it types 8u and when I hit the number 9 it types 9p. It also does the reverse for the number keys that I already mentioned. If I hit the t, it also types 6t and so on with the others.

barbwager

Estimable
Dec 2, 2015

I followed many of the suggestions that I read here. None of them worked for me and I didn't find out what was causing the problem. MY SOLUTION: I set a restore date 10 days before the the proplem showed up.

When the compute booted up again, the problem was gone! :) What a relief!!

Sain__

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016