Lapse between Audio & Video

tetonjack

Prominent
Jul 27, 2017
I brought an Onkyo 747 7.2 channel rec/amp. After first setup, everything seemed to work fine. The Rec/Amp was hooked to the Dish Network. I was using the DVR and FF through the commericals. When I stop and started to play normal, there was no sound with the video. I backed up until I found where the audio & video where the same. If I fast forward very slowly, then the audio & video would stay together. Then in a short period of time, I noticed this problem across all of Dish Network Channels. I disconnected the HDMI cable from the receiver and feed it direct to the TV. NO PROBLEM.
I know ONKYO has not fixed the problem with Dish. So, I am wondering if other companies are having the same problem.

Some receivers have a lip sync adjustment to compensate for these issues. Check the manual.
Since this is a current model you may still be under warranty. Contact Onkyo tech support. If not in warranty contact them anyway. They have in the past done free out of warranty repairs for certain HDMI related problems.

tetonjack

Prominent
Jul 27, 2017
I did not know about this " Lip Sync ". Since I brought the unit from Amazon, I had 30 days before I needed to return the unit. I tried to find out what was going
on, but get an answer or I was to test my system cabling. There was nothing wrong with my cabling. I re-hooked my old unit and everything worked as normal.
I sent the unit back. ever sense I have trying to find if the problem has been addressed and does other manufactures of rec/amps 7.1 channels systems have the same problems. So far, I have be unable to find an answer. THANK-YOU for your answer and time.