Laptop Asus X550j typing wrong characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flo05

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017
Hi guys,

I read most of the post regarding similar issues buy my laptop started to type wrong group of characters like when i press z it types NBZ when i press x it types mvx and when i press s it typed... 63s'
I tryed the fn + Numlock , fn+Capslock and nothing worked.
Sometimes it`s fixing by itself or after a restart but i want to know how to fix it forever.Using Asusx550j with Windows 10 Original
Thank you in advance !

Solution
Try this...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.
Try this...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

Solution

PhreakGirl

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017

I have exactly the same problem on an ASUS Laptop as well. Did you ever find a solution? On mine it happens with B, N, M, H, J, K, L and sometimes randomly when no keys are pressed. Also Ctrl key opens windows and a few other randomly weird things. I Uninstalled the keyboard driver (it was dated as having updated at about the time the problem started happening), then a completely different driver was installed automatically with no change at all.

PhreakGirl

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017
I have exactly the same problem on an ASUS Laptop as well. On mine it happens with B, N, M, H, J, K, L and sometimes randomly when no keys are pressed. I usually types bnz or nbz, but sometimes pressing B types nz and pressing N types bz. Also Ctrl key opens windows and a few other randomly weird things. I Uninstalled the keyboard driver (it was dated as having updated at about the time the problem started happening), then a completely different driver was installed automatically with no change in the weird behaviors at all. I connected an external keyboard and it did not do the same thing, but it behaves really weird in other ways like it will only type one letter then won't type anything else, and I've used the same keyboard on another computer recently and it worked just fine.

Aug 16, 2018

me too.. just happened ..damn. is it becoz of the new update of windows?

PhreakGirl

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017

It turned out to be a hardware issue with the keyboard, so we replaced it. A word of warning about replacing these keyboards tho.... Most laptops, in my experience, can have just the keyboard replaced, but this one is not made that way. While you can buy just the keyboard part for very inexpensive, in order to remove the existing one you have to break all the tiny pieces that hold the keyboard on place, so with the new keyboard in all the keys kind of sink a little with every key stroke so it feels "squishy". It would drive me nuts, but it's not my computer and the owner doesn't seem to mind so it worked out. I would recommend spending the money to buy the entire top portion of the body of the laptop that has the keyboard pre-attached, then its a very easy fix and will function as you are accustomed. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.