Agashan Pirapa

Estimable
Jan 6, 2015
So, I got my laptop on October 2014 and it was running fine until, when i recently started to watch netflix, my laptop screen started to flash black and I realized it starts to flash black for a second, the sound is still going while I stream netflix, it gradually increases the flashing and starts to flicker, when I pause the video, it stops and I realized this happens when I stream videos( youtube etc). Then as I let the flashing happen, the flashing continues even when I am not streaming any videos. It happens until i shut it down for a while and triggers again when I watch approximate 30 minutes into the videos. Can someone help me? My laptop is an Asus Notebook with Intel HD graphics family.Should I roll back my video driver?

Agashan Pirapa

Estimable
Jan 6, 2015
Im not for sure if its 100% fixed, but I recently installed the AMD catalyst drive and it seems fine for now, I usually have my laptop on a desk or on the bed, sometimes it will be on the ground(hardwood floor)

Agashan Pirapa

Estimable
Jan 6, 2015
So my temperature right now is 48 degrees(just on laptop) with a check mark and then when watching a video it goes up to 50-53 degree, with a fire symbol beside it, is that a big change? Should I be concerned?

I'm thinking this is a hardware problem, I'd consider a bad trace in the motherboard as highly probable. Your temps are not out of line so I'm thinking that the little heat that is there is enough to cause expansion of a trace or solder joint and losing connection. Once off for a while, it cools allowing the connection again (I've seen that before on an Intel motherboard)
I'm going to recommend contacting Asus about RMA or to see if they are aware of known issues (mostly I'm thinking RMA here)

Just what I'm thinking here, Asus may have other ideas for you

It was my first thought which is why I had responded with "Is the laptop being used on a flat, hard surface with no restrictions around the vents? It is very important that airflow does not get restricted at all."
Still don't know though, your temps didn't look too out of line.
Keep an eye on temps and keep the vents clear, hopefully you've got it