Laptop can`t load BIOS

May 27, 2018
Recentrly was playing with bios, added custom boot option on my ASUS K56CM to Clover bootloader. Now ASUS logo wont show up, screen is black, can`t do anything. Power light is green, laptop cooling is working. Dismounted laptop HDD and SSD. Tried to unplug CMOS battery, but i unplugged cmos battery connector, i am not sure is it enough to reset BIOS. What shall i do?

Solution
Likely not much you can do, seems like you bricked the motherboard. Unplugging the CMOS battery for a few seconds should reset it. You said you tried booting without the drives? If that did not help, and you reset the BIOS see if ASUS support can help, I don't know if your model has an BIOS recovery boot disk you can run.
Likely not much you can do, seems like you bricked the motherboard. Unplugging the CMOS battery for a few seconds should reset it. You said you tried booting without the drives? If that did not help, and you reset the BIOS see if ASUS support can help, I don't know if your model has an BIOS recovery boot disk you can run.

Solution