Laptop display won't turn on, after I installed drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GanJews

Estimable
Feb 7, 2015
So i reinstalled windows 8.1 in my Inspiron N5110 laptop, everything was going fine, until, I installed video card drivers, then everything just went off. When I connected it to external monitor via VGA, external monitor started working normally, but laptop's display just won't turn on. When I'm booting the PC, everything shows up in laptop's display, untill windows boots up.

What is the full model number of your unit? There are multiple sub-models of the N5110 laptop and they could all potentially use different internal hardware depending on region and price.

Usually the model number is printed on the case under the battery in the battery compartment.

The BIOS didn't suddenly go bad on a unit that was working fine before. Installing new drivers doesn't cause any issues with or even have anything to do with, the bios. If you don't have a realistic solution to offer or are not asking for clarification about the issue, don't answer. Don't just throw a bunch of senseless answers in the wind or you're likely to cause somebody a bigger issue than they already have.

And that discussion, about the power not turning OFF, has nothing whatsoever to do with this issue. If you can't post answers that are relevant to the thread, please refrain from posting at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS