Question Laptop doesn't recognize AC Charger after Windows update

xShiro

Estimable
Apr 1, 2016
Just bought a used laptop today, Sony Vaio VPCCB series. What happened was I connected the AC charger and the laptop turned on. I noticed it said batter not found, and I didn't realize the battery wasn't inserted, so I go back to the box and find the battery and insert it. Now upon booting up, there's a Windows 10 update. I let it update and as soon as it reboots, the laptop doesn't recognize the AC charger at all. Eventually the battery died and I can't even turn the laptop on anymore. I tried some stuff I found on the Internet before it shut down, but to no success.

Is it actually the charger that should be with the laptop? Additionally is it the right battery for the laptop?

I would suggest looking online to confirm you have the correct parts and not aftermarket ones, which can be a problem.

If it won't resolve, then you may want to consider trying to return the device.

xShiro

Estimable
Apr 1, 2016
I made a thread a few days ago about how I bought a used laptop and it would turn on with the charger alone (no battery), but after I inserted the battery and booted it, it installed a Windows update (very likely the cause of this mishap), and would boot up normally (but wouldn't charge), but as it had 8% battery, eventually it died and it doesn't charge at all, regardless if the battery is inside or not. I contacted the previous owner, and he's playing stupid saying he mentioned in the article that the battery was defect and that it would work only with the charger. I sent him a screenshot of the article, where he says everything is just nice and dandy with the laptop, no word mentioning the "all of a sudden" defect battery. I don't know how that will play out, will buying a new battery fix the issue? Did the Windows update actually break the charging? The laptop's a Sony Vaio VPCCB2S1E. As for why am I buying a used laptop in the first place? I'm a student that's eating pasta every day, enough said.

Oh, and if I do insert the battery and try to boot the laptop, it actually does start booting until it shuts down because there's no power.

xShiro

Estimable
Apr 1, 2016
I replied to your thread. You, however, did not reply. Please see above.
Sorry about that, I thought it'd be better if I made a new thread with updates, and thanks for replying on the issue but that didn't help because they are the original parts that came with the laptop. I find the Windows update to be the culprit but am still unsure. Also, the guy won't take it back he says it worked when he shipped it.

Gotta love how people will do that. This is why I don't buy used. Sad to say, it is just not worth it.

If you think an update was involved, try going into "System Restore" and see if you can restore it to a point prior to that update.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 1
virtualflying Laptop Tech Support 1
lgdragon040 Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 0
L Laptop Tech Support 6
D Laptop Tech Support 1
icr8stf Laptop Tech Support 10
S Laptop Tech Support 4
D Laptop Tech Support 11
R Laptop Tech Support 3