mtb84

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017
HI,
Currently I'm changing company I will work for and I've been asked to choose notebook that company will buy for me. In previous company we've usually used DELL Latitude as they had opinion of being very reliable computers for business use and having good guarantee (3 years NBD). Specs I expect from computer are: i5, 256 SSD, 8GB RAM, 14" FHD screen - that's minimum. After comparing many available options finally I've choosen these two:
1. Dell Latitude 5480 (i5, 256 SSD, 8GB RAM, 14" FHD)
2. ASUS ZenBook UX430UA (i5, 256 SSD, 8GB RAM, 14" FHD)

Dell seems to be more reliable for me (having in mind 8hours use in every working day), it is typicall computer for business use, it has longer warranty, however is a bit heavier, less handy and doesn't look that nice - comparing to ASUS.
Asus, on the other hand, looks much better however I'm a bit afraid of it's reliability in business use 8hours a day...
Please advise me, which one would you choose, having in mind that this is a computer for business use...
Thank you in advance

Solution
Considering both of these machines have almost exactly the same specs, you cant really make a bad choice.
Asus is not a bad brand at all. Actually, it is very possible that the components in the Dell machine are made by Asus!
With that said, many companies choose Dell for business applications for a reason. Dell's longer warranty and larger catalog of "business" laptops would make me lean towards the Dell. Also, the larger size of the Dell can potentially make it more resistant to damage.

Hope I was able to make things a little easier!

Rustycarrot

Estimable
Jan 20, 2015
Considering both of these machines have almost exactly the same specs, you cant really make a bad choice.
Asus is not a bad brand at all. Actually, it is very possible that the components in the Dell machine are made by Asus!
With that said, many companies choose Dell for business applications for a reason. Dell's longer warranty and larger catalog of "business" laptops would make me lean towards the Dell. Also, the larger size of the Dell can potentially make it more resistant to damage.

Hope I was able to make things a little easier!

Solution

mtb84

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017

Thank You very much, Rustycarrot. Today I've finally choosen DELL Latitude.