Solved! Laptop for FLStudio

Oct 20, 2018
Hey,
I am a music producer/DJ , and I want a laptop on the go that can handle some pretty heavy music production loads and still not break the bank. My budget is about 2000-2500 usd.
My current options are-
Alienware 15 r4 configured with i9.
Dell XPS 15
Asus Zenbook pro (the one with touchpad)
MacBook Pro 15 2018
Dell XPS 2 in 1 - the one with 8705g
Or any other options are also welcome.
I will also use the laptop for DJing so it's super helpful to have good battery life. Also, storage is not a problem since I will be carrying a bunch of extra storage with me anyway.

Solution
The starting point is the software (e.g. FLStudio) that you will be using.

Most applications list hardware requirements as "minimum", "recommended", or "best".

You do not want minimum. Use recommended or, if within budget. use "best".

So look at the laptops you have in mind and map their respective hardware configuration to FLStudio.

Overall, anticipate that you will need to make some tradeoffs. E.g. battery life versus performance.

As for storage: do not trust a single source. Plan for multiple storage devices. Backups are very important.
The starting point is the software (e.g. FLStudio) that you will be using.

Most applications list hardware requirements as "minimum", "recommended", or "best".

You do not want minimum. Use recommended or, if within budget. use "best".

So look at the laptops you have in mind and map their respective hardware configuration to FLStudio.

Overall, anticipate that you will need to make some tradeoffs. E.g. battery life versus performance.

As for storage: do not trust a single source. Plan for multiple storage devices. Backups are very important.

Solution