Laptop Freeze,Screen Gets Weird, Also Repeating Sound [video added]

dunedain97

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
Hello, recently my CPU was showing around 47C idle and around 90C while on heavy usage and this worried me, i checked inside of fan and there was no dust .What should I do? Also recently i upgraded my RAM a week ago but there was no problem after days i inserted it, could it cause the trouble? I even open my fan towards the place where hot air comes out, didnt even help. Also one time the pc locked, i suppose this is due to the over heat. Thanks for your advices.

--UPDATE--
Also during gaming, my pc get to like this after a time:
i had no keyboard control during this.
video added: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX9b337q5AU
ps: this happened at 78C cpu temperature, i checked temp every 15s

Solution
It is possible that it is the hard drive, but the only way to know for sure would be to test it or try another drive. But that isn't something I would just buy to test.

You also may want to install some diagnostic software and have it run while you are using the laptop. Make sure to have it log the data. Then you can get a better picture of what is going on.
While those numbers can seem high, they aren't shocking. Especially during heavy usage.

Have you tested the fan to see if it running normally, or is it going faster/slower than it should/has before? Also, if you feel comfortable doing it, you may want to replace the thermal paste. If the device is a tad older, it could be worn out.

Now if the laptop is under warranty still, then you should contact the manufacturer to have them repair or replace it, as if you did it, you would void the warranty.

dunedain97

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

Hello, it happened me today even with 78 degrees of cpu which doesnt seem to be so high for me when to think it's during gaming. I also searched and found that, computer shuts itself down if cpu overheats. I also recorded video this might help to see. The only way to stop is hold the power button. I dont have no keyboard control etc.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX9b337q5AU

I just doubt now if CPU is problem even its still not good temperature, I am looking for help what might cause this.

Try running a program like "Speedfan" or something similar that can also make a log of your temps. Then letting it run over a long period, you can go back in and see what the temps were like while you were doing different things.

This will also allow you to get temps for other things, not just the CPU, which could also be the cause.

dunedain97

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

Thank you for your reply. I also checked with that, i used it and hwmonitor together to be sure. Other temps seemed to be ok.

dunedain97

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
Hello I guess I fixed heat issue, kind of.. But I realize this occured during open-world games, but not other ones. Does that mean problem can be disk? As far as I know in this kind of game, disk is used too much.

It is possible that it is the hard drive, but the only way to know for sure would be to test it or try another drive. But that isn't something I would just buy to test.

You also may want to install some diagnostic software and have it run while you are using the laptop. Make sure to have it log the data. Then you can get a better picture of what is going on.

Solution