laptop hangs after windows countdown/sleep & shutdown issue - Asus s550c

KingPk

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016
1. I'm trying to install Windows 10 on my laptop and the installation goes fine, until it gets to the end after it does the countdown for the first reboot. the hard drive turns off but the screen stays blue with the mouse cursor and it freezes. It does not reboot.

2. After getting fed up with the issue I held down the power button to turn off the computer and set up windows, and when i shut the lid or click shut down, the screen is black and the laptop is switched off, but the fan still runs and the power light is still on.

Is there maybe a bios configuration to fix? Even to find the hard drive or usb to boot off, I have to enable csm and disable secure boot or else they aren't discover able.

I have an asus s550c

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it on BIOS.
- If it will load BIOS set it to boot into USB or DVD depending to what you'll use to install Windows 10.

Here's a complete guide on how to create a bootable Windows 10 USB or DVD.
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2745957/create-windows-installation-usb-drive-dvd.html

And here's also a guide on how to install Windows 10:
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2569562/install-windows.html

If it will still not install Windows 10, take the HDD out off the laptop and try to install Windows 10 onto a different PC in that same HDD.

KingPk

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016

Thanks for your answer, sadly it still did not work. my main issue is that the laptop wont turn off or reset. I installed windows 10 correctly so that is not an issue. The laptop just wont restart and do the first initial reboot after the installation is finished. the power light stays on and the fan stays on while the screen is black. i have changed changing power settings and still does not work. i have tried updating drivers, display drivers etc, ive tried rolling them back and the issue still occurs. what i meant by having to change the bios to find my hdd or usb (which i boot windows from) i must go into the bios, click enable on launch csm, and disable the security boot option. after i do that i can choose what device to boot from.

thanks