Laptop inputs "9" continuously on password log in until i press backspace to start deleting them

Gulakoth

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
Whenever i open up my laptop and try to type in my password to log in my laptop starts to input "9" over and over and over until i press backspace to start deleting the 9s and if i don't it will keep inputting 9 until it runs out of space, it only does this on the log in screen and no where else. The OS on this laptop is windows 10.

Solution
Are you using an external mouse/keyboard with it? If yes, try the laptop keyboard. If this is on the laptop keyboard, try unhooking it and see if an external keyboard does the same thing. If the system is new, contact the vendor for support or look on their support site for any known issues. Maybe check for a BIOS update.
Are you using an external mouse/keyboard with it? If yes, try the laptop keyboard. If this is on the laptop keyboard, try unhooking it and see if an external keyboard does the same thing. If the system is new, contact the vendor for support or look on their support site for any known issues. Maybe check for a BIOS update.

Solution