Laptop LCD screen replacement

May 23, 2018
Hello as i opened my laptop to find s/n of my broken lcd, my screwdriver did a short circuit in the pin connector (iaptop was powered on) and laptop shut down immediately. After this, laptop switched on normally and is working properly with the external monitor like used to but after the short my broken laptop;s lcd is totally dead while i could see some colours and lights between the cracks before. Can you tell me, if i order the replacement lcd panel will i still be able to fix or it might have fried something like the inverter or something else?
When i run HWINFO program only my external monitor shows up anymore if this helps.

May 23, 2018

Thanks for your reply.
I am a little comfused now...so the green board in the link above is inverter or no?
My panel is lcd or led?If it led why it has inverter?
And also can the damage after the short circuit i described be somewhere deep near the motherboard's connection or only in the broken lcd and if i take a new one it will power on normally? So this is my problem now,i dont know if it is a risk or no to buy a 50 usd panel that will not work.

May 23, 2018

Quite old,around 5 yrs i think but it works well as a second one and i used to carry this here and there without to care so much. i just think its more worth to fix it and work as a laptop than a desktop. About the green board its screwed somehow on the lcd from wht i remember but now i ave put back on laptop until i decide if i take a replacement or not. And yes i will never know the difference between lcd and led hahaha.