Laptop MD2614 gateway downgrade to xp

source47

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
Hello guyz here is my question:

I own a gateway MD2614U that has a amd turion x2 64 bits, 120 gb 5400rpm 3 gb ddr2 ram and a dedicated 3200hd ati Gfx. it came with windows vista in somepoint someone upgraded it to win 7...

I generally use the laptop for 3 things:

microsoft office: word, powerpoint...

online poker: i play poker for a living.. i open 20 tables at the same time.

to ocassionally play HON or LOL

So my problem is when i play poker... i recently downloaded Holdem manager 2 a program used to play poker, with pokerstars lobby and table ninja...

my system cant hold it and sometimes it freezes for about 3 secs sometimes even more.

Im visiting family on USA on march so im gonna buy a new one there, since here in venezuela they are too expensive.

So do you guyz think that if a downgrade my laptop to win xp will it work better? will improvement be significant?

thanks a lot guyz.

Solution
If you going to get a new one in a month why downgrade it to XP? XP might not have the HW driver for the gateway MD2614U.

On the min system requirement site for HM2 it said "Note: Having a fast hard drive helps Holdem Manager's performance drastically. We suggest using a 7200RPM hard drive or faster."

Have you run disk cleanup and defrag?

rgd1101

Don't
If you going to get a new one in a month why downgrade it to XP? XP might not have the HW driver for the gateway MD2614U.

On the min system requirement site for HM2 it said "Note: Having a fast hard drive helps Holdem Manager's performance drastically. We suggest using a 7200RPM hard drive or faster."

Have you run disk cleanup and defrag?

Solution

source47

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
u think that would help ? didnt even thought about that... yeah i saw what was posted on HM2 site, thats the main reason im getting a new one... ill just do the downgrade cause its getting uncomfortable to play, and dont want to stop playing for a full month