laptop motherboard shorted by screen inverter

UV_

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
my laptop screen inverter broke, and i decided to fiddle with it and it shorted out my motherboard. i would like to find out how to fix this problem. the power cable light shows that there is power and also the light at the front of the laptop comes on when the adapter is plugged in but the laptop doesnt turn on when i press the power button. i kind of touched the inverter with a phillips screw driver and this turned the screen on for a while. kept doing this whenever the screen went dim and eventally the laptop just shut down. i took it to the repair guys and they told me the mobo is dead so theres no use for the laptop. can anybody help me please????????

Solution
Even if you had the full circuit diagram it could take a professional a very long time to find the fault and their labour charge would probably be more than the cost. It may be more than one component thats damaged. Sorry but its new motherboard or new laptop.

UV_

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

but replacing the motherboard is way more expensive than what my laptop is worth. that is why im trying to fix the mobo instead of replacing it. if its a simple capacitor or diode or something that i can replace on the mobo, then that is excellent. but i dont know which capacitor to check or replace because there is alot of them.

sizzling

Distinguished
Even if you had the full circuit diagram it could take a professional a very long time to find the fault and their labour charge would probably be more than the cost. It may be more than one component thats damaged. Sorry but its new motherboard or new laptop.

Solution