Laptop only boots after taking battery out holding power button and repeating a few times. **HELP**

Nov 30, 2018
So..

A couple of days ago I went to boot my laptop ( Asus X552C ) and the screen was black (didn't show the normal Asus boot logo) but their was a back light on fans powered up lights came on ect. . I gave it a few minutes and nothing happened, so I tried the usual unplug all devices and try again, still nothing. I then removed the battery and power cable held down the power button for 30 seconds and the laptop booted fine, and ran with no problems what so ever.

However the laptop now only boots if i repeat this process (sometimes several times) but once it boots it preforms absolutely fine. I know with a previous laptop this happened to the issue was ram so I tried taking out the ram module and booting it with just the 4gb on board memory with no luck unfortunately. I have booted into the bios and it displays my SSD and ram ect.

I have run a perfmon /report which didn't show any issues other than cpu load which was only because I had just booted the laptop and it was still loading things up as I ran the check I think.

Also downloaded HW monitor just to check that nothings overheating but everything seems to be normal temperature for a laptop.

Its probably worth noting as well that the system will power on and off fine until I leave it off for a few hours and then the same problem returns.

I'm running out of ideas, I am fairly confident when it comes to dismantling laptops does any one have any ideas of what else I can do? Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Nov 30, 2018

No, I haven’t got it to turn on with the battery in as I have to take it out hold the the power button and plug the power lead in then turn it on. I haven’t managed to get it to turn on with the battery in.

It may well be that the battery is dying soon and has trouble passing power through itself. It might be best to leave it out and use the information printed on it to buy a replacement.

Expect to pay good money because there are cheap sub-standard clones which have been known to cause fires.

Nov 30, 2018

Even when the batterys out it doesn’t boot first time? Like i have to unplug completley hold the power button down then plug back in and boot it and and then repeat anywhere between 1 - 10 times before it powers up?

TRENDING THREADS