laptop overheating and fps drop when NOT gaming

Mar 24, 2018
laptop overheating and lagging
spec:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz

Video Card Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500

Video Card #2 NVIDIA GeForce 920M

RAM 4.0 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

I never cleaned my laptop CPU,GPU,COOLER

Solution
Well if you never cleaned your laptop before and it has started to overheat, then the best thing to do is to actually open up your laptop and clean up any dust that may be sticking to the vents and the internal fan(s).

The thermal paste between the heatsink and the CPU and GPU could have dried up and is no longer conducting heat from the CPU and GPU to the heatsink to keep them cool. This is a more involved process which requires taking the laptop apart. Therefore, if simply cleaning up the dust inside the laptop does not help, then you may want to take your laptop to a repair shop and have them clean out the old thermal paste and apply new thermal paste... unless you want to do this yourself.
Well if you never cleaned your laptop before and it has started to overheat, then the best thing to do is to actually open up your laptop and clean up any dust that may be sticking to the vents and the internal fan(s).

The thermal paste between the heatsink and the CPU and GPU could have dried up and is no longer conducting heat from the CPU and GPU to the heatsink to keep them cool. This is a more involved process which requires taking the laptop apart. Therefore, if simply cleaning up the dust inside the laptop does not help, then you may want to take your laptop to a repair shop and have them clean out the old thermal paste and apply new thermal paste... unless you want to do this yourself.

Solution