Laptop overheating.What am I doing wrong?

m0chil

Estimable
May 29, 2014
Hello this is my first post at tomshardware so if Im in the wrong forum please correct me :).Okay,my problem here is my laptop is(or I think so)overheating.I just downloaded OpenHardwareMonitor to monitor my temps.After I downloaded it it showed me a CPU temp of over 80 celsius even if I'm not doing anything!Even my GPU I think is overheating.60 celsius and rising.It strange because while I monitor my temps while gaming it is over 95 celsius! It strange though because I've been using this laptop for four years straight and the computer never crashed while gaming(except on GTAIV where it crashes when the textures load).So can you recommend something to me?I clean my laptop monthly with a compressed air can.Is my laptop on the edge of its life?Never crashed even while using very intensive games like Men of War(all ultra and 4x AA)BF3(Low Settings) BF2(All high no AA)BFBC2(All high no HBAO no Bloom no AA) and some others I forgot.I'm not really that tech savvy to fix such problem so if you guys can help me with what's wrong it'll surely help!

Laptop name:Lenovo Z470
CPU:Intel Core i5 2430M
GPU:NVIDIA GT540M(Discrete)/Intel HD 3000 Graphics(Integrated)
RAM: 4GB(3.94GB Usable)

plaintuts

Estimable
May 5, 2014
Using compressed air to clean the heatsink fan while attached to the laptop is not recommended, because it will just push the dust further inside the gaps for intake.

You will also need to re apply thermal compound on the heatsink covering the cpu and gpu.

If the laptop constantly subjected to high temps, the thermal paste will harden and be less effective.

Vic 40

Honorable
Herald
Oct 22, 2013

Like i said a double thread!
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2160421/laptop-overheating-wrong.html