Laptop Recommendation: For Gaming, School, and some Modeling

Eontrade

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015
Hello! I have currently been searching (quite alot) for a good gaming/school laptop. I might also use some CAD modeling software here and there. I have noticed that Asus seemed to have its feet firmly planted in the laptop world, so i looked into Asus computers.What my search boiled down to was the ASUS ROG GL551JW-DS74 and the less expensive ASUS ROG G751JL-DS71. The first laptop ( The GL551JW) is said to have frequent blue screens and other failures ( According to amazon reviews ). The second laptop (G751JL) seems to lack a SSD, which is its downfall. Please inform me of which laptop you would prefer. If you have other suggestions ( Acer, Lenovo, MSI, HP, ect.) those will be appreciated. Thank you!

Here are the Amazon links:

The GL551JW:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T7XRH2A/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

The G751JL:
http://www.amazon.com/G751JL-DS71-17-3-Inch-Gaming-GeForce-Graphics/dp/B00T7EXKLG/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

Solution
Every now and then, IT equipment tend to fail, and that's where you have warranty. As far as i can see, there are more positive reviews about the GL55iJW, than negative. I'm pretty sure if you bought it, you'd love it. Just for the love of god, make sure it has a SSD. Without a SSD, you're PC is pretty much back in medieval age again.

Eontrade

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015

Thanks for the quick response. I already know the other one has a ssd. Not sure if that and an ips display is worth the $300 more... I am only worried about an issue with a blue screen. Something called a bios loop, maybe.

fjaesbog

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
Every now and then, IT equipment tend to fail, and that's where you have warranty. As far as i can see, there are more positive reviews about the GL55iJW, than negative. I'm pretty sure if you bought it, you'd love it. Just for the love of god, make sure it has a SSD. Without a SSD, you're PC is pretty much back in medieval age again.

Solution

Eontrade

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015

Alright, if I get this one, I'm getting the one with the SSD. Looking at it now, the price just dropped by $11. Seems like the internet is trying to get me to buy it. Thanks again.