laptop screen colors all weird, fixed when pressing the bottom bezel, completely borked or just needs a cable wiggle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan Shekter

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
laptop is an acer aspire v3-572G-54L9 (please note that there is a v5-572g, this is the v3, I do not know why they named it like this)

This has been going on for a while now, a few months maybe longer. My cell phone camera is sMaRt enough to correct everything so the photos aren't the most indicative but I hope they demonstrate the problem. I did for a few days just stick some folded up paper between the bezel and the main housing of the laptop, which fixed it for a bit but I think as a whole made pressing against it less effective.

here's the first example, the an auto-filled form looks green normally, then it looks fine when I press the bottom bezel:
5hqBAe6.jpg

UFpuPjX.jpg

here's a gif of the screen going from dark (bad) to light (good), this is looking at the bottom of the bookmarks bar in chrome

cLyb7MT.gif

And this is a photo of the omnibar in chrome, you can see there's something weird with what looks like the blue part of every few pixels down the line. The image after is with the "fix" applied

hnh4YJS.jpg

Jo1hFOI.jpg

Finally I have a gif of the title part of this form, you can see that even gradients are messed up somehow. It's a little hard to see given the nature of giphy's video->gif converter quality, but hopefully it comes through

QYkNiGR.gif

Does anyone have experience in laptop screens that can weigh in?

Solution
If could be just a loose cable. Open, unplug, re-plug.

Or it can be something more serious, the (flat) cable itself has separated from the panel, here you can attempt to force contact by inserting additional backings.

None of that makes you comfortable? Take it to a Pro see how much they want.
If could be just a loose cable. Open, unplug, re-plug.

Or it can be something more serious, the (flat) cable itself has separated from the panel, here you can attempt to force contact by inserting additional backings.

None of that makes you comfortable? Take it to a Pro see how much they want.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.