Laptop screen won't turn on, caps and mum lock keys are locked.

Tyrone_7

Commendable
Feb 13, 2016
Toshiba satellite L50-C.

Was working fine yesterday after my flight then I set it aside for a bit and closed the lid.

The laptop wouldn't boot from sleep after so I reset it by holding down the power button and when I went to reset nothing but the title discription happens.

Tried hard reset trick (pulling out battery and act, holding power button for 60 seconds and putting battery back in and act and powering on yeilds the same effect) also tried removing ram.and using different slots.

The disc drive still functions as I have been putting different discs in and taking them out.

The screen just won't turn on and I can't unlock the caps and.num lock keys.

Thank you for your help.

Tried also booting from USB with win10 and disc.

Solution
Hi,

Try and connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. If it doesn't work here are some troubleshooting steps that may help. Just skip those that you've tried already.
- Remove the battery and boot it up with just its AC adapter and see if it will boot up.
- If it doesn't work do try a different AC adapter with the same voltage and see if that will work or not.
- Worst case is if all these will not work that means the motherboard is faulty.
Hi,

Try and connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. If it doesn't work here are some troubleshooting steps that may help. Just skip those that you've tried already.
- Remove the battery and boot it up with just its AC adapter and see if it will boot up.
- If it doesn't work do try a different AC adapter with the same voltage and see if that will work or not.
- Worst case is if all these will not work that means the motherboard is faulty.

Solution