Laptop shock then brick


Oct 9, 2017
I have a Gigabyte P55Wv7-KL3 laptop. Today I went to use it and I brushed the keyboard with my hand and received a decent static shock. Immediately the laptop stopped responding to anything and it won’t shutdown with the power button. I unplugged it but that’s it so far. I know you’re supposed to take the battery out but I don’t have the tools for that.

Is there anything else I can do or is my laptop bricked

Edit: the disk drive still opens if that means anything
I suspect she is no longer with us. Can you easily remove the HDD/SSD to possibly save your files (assuming you don't have a backup)?