Solved! Laptop slow when installing anything

clemdante

Estimable
Jun 12, 2015
Hello. I own an ASUS ROG G551-VW laptop. I noticed that when i install, copy or extract the contents of an archive, my laptop slows down to the point i can't even switch tabs on Chrome without waiting 10-15 seconds, and the hard drive activity light is constant on. Firstly, i wanted to buy another HDD, a 2TB SSHD. But after i ran UserBenchmark, it said my RAM speed was below average. So the RAM could be the cause of the slow down? And if it is, would there be a problem if i buy a 4gb module and keep the 8gb module that i have now?

Solution
Depends whats your ram speed and is it single stick or?Mixing volume of ram isnt good thing.
And i would rather probably upgrade HDD First to 7200rpm or better ssd or as u said SSHD but keep it at 7200rpm or you could keep same issues.
Depends whats your ram speed and is it single stick or?Mixing volume of ram isnt good thing.
And i would rather probably upgrade HDD First to 7200rpm or better ssd or as u said SSHD but keep it at 7200rpm or you could keep same issues.

Solution

clemdante

Estimable
Jun 12, 2015
I have one 8gb stick of ram, with CL15 latency.
In my country, there isn't any SSHD with 7200rpm for purchase. I can only find a regular HDD with 1TB at 7200rpm, or a SSHD with 2TB at 5400rpm.