Laptop sound problems

Matthew Longworth

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
Hi guys.
My friend asked me to fix his laptop after he dropped it on the floor (the dc jack was broken). After I desolded the dc jack a little piece of the mobo came away with it, so I had to order a new mobo. After getting it all up and running, I have since noticed that there is no audio even after uninstalling it from device manager all it says is no speakers or headphones plugged in. But I have checked and double checked the cabling any ideas? I install the windows drivers but all that comes up is the high definition audio device.

The laptop is an asus x54x win 7 64

Warrior of Cats

Estimable
Sep 25, 2014
Great, I hope that works! If it does, please let me know by choosing my answer as the "Best Answer" so I know this worked for you! If not, reply again and we can see if we can figure it out.

Matthew Longworth

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
Sorry for the lateness of the reply.
I have updated everything now and it says there is now no audio output device is installed. Have I got the wrong driver maybe?
Thank you for your time as well

Matthew Longworth

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
I believe I have found the problem. When trying to download the driver from the website it comes up with asus sonicfocus 3.0 GUI failed. Im just going to do a registry clean and malware clean too, as people have said it can become corrupted. Ill keep you up to date with it.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Matthew Longworth

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
I have uninstalled it and even reinstalled it. And the same error code comes up. about the sonicfocus 3.0 gui failing. Do you know if its imbedded in the driver and if so how to get it to work.

Should I do a full factory reset of the computer if this programs not working?

Warrior of Cats

Estimable
Sep 25, 2014
I found something. Try this

1. Click the start button 2. Type "Device Manager" in the search box at the bottom 3. Click on device Manager in the list of options that show up 4. In the device manager expand the section called "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" 5. Right Click one that ends with "Audio Device" and choose Uninstall 6. Restart your computer 7. Windows will automatically re install a new sound driver 8. Test your sound.

TRENDING THREADS