Laptop? Tablet? Which?

Finbl0ck

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
I am selling my old bulky laptop, and I am looking for a replacement.
I have a budget of £400 give or take.
I will use it for traveling, and will need to do homework, internet browsing etc. (at reasonable speed)
I am not sure to get one which doubles as a tablet or to get a bog-stander laptop.
So which type should I get?
And what model should I get?

thanks

Solution
I have been using nexus 7 for almost 1.5 years. Its excellent for web browsing and reading. However when doing my college work i like to stick to my Dell laptop. Editing files, Attaching files is a lot more simpler on a laptop. Ideal would be a Microsoft Surface Pro but that's expensive. so i would suggest a laptop.

Tradesman1

Honorable
For what you'll be doing I'd look for a laptop, one with an external video port, so you can hook it up to a reg monitor and keyboard/mouse for when you'll be working for long periods of time, not sure of whats available where you shop, but can probably find Toshibas, Asus models, Lenovas, etc

bilal4best

Estimable
Mar 9, 2014
I have been using nexus 7 for almost 1.5 years. Its excellent for web browsing and reading. However when doing my college work i like to stick to my Dell laptop. Editing files, Attaching files is a lot more simpler on a laptop. Ideal would be a Microsoft Surface Pro but that's expensive. so i would suggest a laptop.

Solution

TheUnknownPC

Estimable
Mar 1, 2014

I Have had my nexus 7 for 1.5 years aswell,Great Tablet... :D