Laptop turns off while gaming, not overheating (possible power problems?)

Saltiest

Estimable
Aug 2, 2015
Sorry for yet another thread of this kind but this is pretty much my last attempt before I start spending money on replacing components or buying a new pc entirely. Nothing I have tried so far fixed it.
So I bought this laptop something like 2 years ago and so far it never gave me this kind of problem, it quite simply turns off while playing games without BSOD like somebody "pulled the plug". I had overheating issues in the past as I use this laptop mostly for gaming but those seemed fixed just by purchasing a cooling pad and cleaning the fans with compressed air regularly, also the temperatures of CPU/GPU/Motherboard/etc. were never above 75 °C wich were never enough to cause a shutdown.
One thing I noticed is that while gaming the screen would sometimes go darker for like a second, as if somebody removed the power cord and the computer started using the battery. When this happens I know for sure the shutdown will occur after a few minutes (even when the shutdown occurs, the screen goes slightly darker for a split second before the pc turns off for good). This would lead me to believe this is a power related issue, however I am no expert. One last thing I noticed is that if I try to restart the laptop normally after a shutdown, it won't turn on unless the power cord is plugged in, if it isn't pressing the button will do nothing.
These are my specs (or rather what specs I could gather):

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit
Intel Core i7-3610WM CPU @ 2.30 GHz (8 CPUs), 2.3GHz
Nvidia Geforce GT 630m 2Gb (an Intel HD Graphics 4000 is also listed in the video cards)
8 Gb RAM
DirectX 11
ITD High Definition Audio CODEC

I tought I had fixed the issue a week ago where after trying various fixes seen around various forums, I uninstalled Avira and changed the power settings but the issue returned two days ago and now it happens every 20-30 minutes or so ingame.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Saltiest

Estimable
Aug 2, 2015
Had it opened and cleaned today as I've been told it might have been a overheating ptoblem regardless of the temoeratures I could monitor, nothing. The issue is still there. I'm desperate at this point

DeathRabit

Estimable
Jun 18, 2014
I mentioned earlier:

Your laptop need go services.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SSGB8 Laptop Tech Support 8
Erhad Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 11
XxSadGirlxX Laptop Tech Support 2
Toastbyte Laptop Tech Support 1
LeoLuca Laptop Tech Support 4