Solved! Laptop went to a pink screen. What to do?

Matv23

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
I have a Lenovo yoga 500, I left it on sleep mode and came back after 5 minutes with a pink screen. It leaves traces when ever I would change into another window. I've reset it three times, still the same. Can someone please help, this is frustrating.

Solution
If the laptop screen doesn't work, but it works when connected to an external monitor, then that means it isn't your graphics card/GPU, which is great.

However, it does mean that either the ribbon cable that connects the display to the motherboard, or the display itself, are the issue.

If the laptop is still under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer about a repair/replacement.

Matv23

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
I've reseted/rebooted it whenever i'm not using it. I've also tried connecting it to an external monitor via HDMI. Perfectly fine. It's the laptop that has the screen problem.

If the laptop screen doesn't work, but it works when connected to an external monitor, then that means it isn't your graphics card/GPU, which is great.

However, it does mean that either the ribbon cable that connects the display to the motherboard, or the display itself, are the issue.

If the laptop is still under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer about a repair/replacement.

Solution