Laptop Will not Restart

Feb 19, 2018
Lenovo T530 Laptop with Windows 7 restarts perfectly if only on battery or if only on AC adapter (with battery removed). When both battery and AC adapter connected then laptop goes completely dark during a restart except for a fan I can hear. When this happens I can still force a shutdown by holding power button down for 5 seconds. Battery seems to be fine and will charge to 100%. Anyone have a clue to what can cause such strange behavior?

Lutfij

Splendid
Seems like you're having a BSOD midway into your shutdown. Is it possible to see if you're on the latest BIOS update? If the issue cropped up some time ago(assuming that this is an old laptop serving a useful life) then you may need to backup your critical content and reinstall your OS.

Feb 19, 2018

Yes I updated to latest BIOS when problem first started and all other Lenovo updates associated with power management. Laptop recently upgraded to have a Crucial 1 TB SSD via restore from a system image backup and SSD seems to have no issues. I see normal Windows shutdown messaging (no BSOD) and system appears to fault about the time I would expect the reboot process begin to initiate the BIOS messaging so think it might be more associated with system's power management somehow. The fact that problem does not occur if either the battery is removed or if AC adapter is not connected is the strange part to this puzzle.

TRENDING THREADS