When I power up my laptop, the fans turn on, And it sounds like it's starting up, but the screen stays black. It usually gets very warm when doing this. If you press the power button when it's doing this, it beeps and immediately shuts down. If you leave it long enough, it will usually boot up eventually, but it can take 5-10 hours to do so,and some days not at all. The laptop is a Toshiba satellite L70D-A with and AMD A-10 processor, and it's about 2 1/2 years old. It's currently running on Windows 10.
Once it does boot, check for malware and viruss, run the System File checker (go to the COmmand Prompt as admin and run the command SFC /SCANNOW, when done run the hard disk check (takes awhile), again at command prompt CHKDSK /F /R
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery an unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still not boot up, remove the battery off the laptop then connect just the AC adapter and see if it will boot up or not.
- Do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM's, remove then all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Do also test each RAM's stick one at a time chances 1 RAM stick is just faulty.
- Another test would be to connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it or not.
- And if all these will not work that means the motherboard is the problem already.