Laptop wont turn on if its not connected to AC (Battery works fine)

belanik

Estimable
Nov 11, 2014
About two weeks ago I spilled some water on my laptop. I closed the laptop and removed all of its components, for about a week to let it dry...

My problem now is that, my laptop does not turn on if I do not connect it to the charger first and I press the power button ... Once I have done this I can disconnect it and the battery works correctly ... I have checked the connector and everything it seems to be fine ...

Any ideas?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 8
D Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 7
Similar threads
Solved! My toshiba S70 will operate when only the AC charger is connected but when I install new battery the laptop will not come on
Solved! My compaq laptop gets hot & shuts off even when battery is not connected
Laptop charging light blinking, but after performing hard boot test that by directly connecting ac adapter without battery and
laptop not working with presence battery if too connected to power supply . (toshiba)
GTX 1060 (Laptop) works only on battery power and crashes when AC power is connected
i have t460 laptop which is working by adapter after connecting battery machine goes to power off... swapped the battery, memo
Laptop Battery 0% Available (Plugged in, Charging), When Connected to Universal Charger
There is a weird behaviour about my laptop charging. When my battery reaches 65 % while charging. It keeps connecting and disc
Laptop charger connects and disconnects while laptop is plugged and battery inserted
Laptop just shut down.... It was connected to the charger and the battery was like 70% now I'm trying to switch it on and it i
Laptop won't boot with power connection. BIOS diagnostic reports fine, shows 100% battery
my battery of dell laptop got permanently failed . After which i am using it without battery while being connected to the char
Laptop shows black screen with both battery and power cord inserted BUT works fine when connected with only power cord
Laptop battery died, connected to power and pushed power button. Power light came on (and also orange battery light) but no a
Laptop won't charge unless shut down. Randomly connects and disconnects if it is on.
Laptop shuts down but only when battery is connected
MSI GT70 GPU jumps in temp when power cable connected?
ac connection is perfect but dc(battery) line not working
Many many issues on a laptop
laptop wont boot unless power connected

ASK THE COMMUNITY