Laptops built in monitor will not work after displaying the windows booting logo.

Joud__

Estimable
Sep 23, 2015
after boot up i see a bios logo and then windows booting image. after that screen turns off. connecting external screen i assured that pc is fine and windows is working(except the screen). by the way screen is working in bios without connecting external screen. i went to screen resolution and found out that the original monitor for my laptop does not even detect! it only detects the external monitor that the laptop thinks is the primary monitor. i would love some help on this one.

Solution
Hi,

Press the Windows key + P at the same time then select Display only and press enter that way it won't think that the built in display should not be used. If that still won't work uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver in Device Manager. Uninstall the graphics card driver then reboot the PC that should reinstall on it's own.
Hi,

Press the Windows key + P at the same time then select Display only and press enter that way it won't think that the built in display should not be used. If that still won't work uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver in Device Manager. Uninstall the graphics card driver then reboot the PC that should reinstall on it's own.

Solution