Lenevo keeps restartinga

BillieOb

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
On my Lenevo x61s laptop keeps resarting and bluescreened once. I did a system restore but it still restarts. Looking around I finally went to system information and I see
the wireless adapter I had tryed to install twice. It had said that it had not installed when I tryed. All other adapters are disabled now. Thinking that could be the problem I tryed to uninstall the adapter but it does not show up anywhere else so I can. Any suggestions? I bought the laptop used so I don't have a disk.

ratedk

Distinguished
If your running windows 7 (vista & 8 also, i'm pretty sure), you can use Reliability Monitor to view history of issues/updates/installs. This may help you put a finger on the specific issue that's causing the problem. It will allow you to compare shutdown times with other issues you may not have been able to see at the time.

Just click the start button and type: reliability monitor

Conflicting drivers will do that. If you can use a wired connection for your internet, then uninstall both wifi drivers and use an Ethernet cable to get online, so that you can acquire the right driver. Unless you changed your WiFi card, you should be able to go to the computer manufacturer's site for the driver.